Shoulder bag for DSLR and 17" computer

george_allred

<p>I am doing a lot of busines travel and would like to bring my dslr with a lens, flash and maybe one other lens a

long. My laptop is a 17" monitor Dell. And I would prefer a shoulder bag to a backpack type.</p>

<

p>Any recommendations?</p>

<

p>thanks</p>

<

p> </p>�

<p>Hi George. If your Dell is less than 15.75" wide it may fit in the Lowepro Stealth D650 AW.<br>

The camera compartment of this model can hold a large pro SLR with attached 70-200 f/2.8 lens along with a few other lenses and numerous smaller accessories.</p>

Be sure to measure whatever bag you settle on!

I absolutely love my Lowepro Stealth Reporter 650 AW (one generation older than the D650 AW) but it

will not fit at all in the overhead compartment of regional or commuter planes such as the Embraer ERJ

When fully loaded it will not fit in the overhead compartment of long haul or international planes such as

the Airbus 380 and must be laid on its back and squashed with the front pockets empty.

You're going to be hard-pressed to find a checkable shoulder bag that will fit a 17" notebook; if anyone

knows of one I will happily be proven wrong and start recommending it.

Use a Lowepro Pro Roller x200 as a baseline since it's the largest checkable bag that I know of that will fit on almost any plane; use the hard outer shell as an example for long haul or international flights and the soft inner shell

as an example for regional or commuter flights.

<p>A good shoulder bag that would fit a notebook and some camera gear is the Filofax Finchley bag.<br>

Size is 290 x 420 x 140mm so it easily fits the bill as a carry on bag.<br>

See: <a href="http://www.filofax.co.uk/store/businessdetails.asp?catId=3&productId=376">Filofax Web page for the product</a><br>

Its more or less a large leather shoulder bag but with padding and a number of holders, card pockets and elastic loops designed for pens and other things but ...<br>

P.S.: The briefcase version is even on sale this week in the UK (for father's day).</p>