Canon SD memory cards

kerry_grim

<p>I have a friend who is about to purchase a Canon XS for use on a nature trip to Colorado. I understand it takes SD or SDHC memory cards. What card and brand are XS users using?</p>

<p>I use SanDisk CF Extreme compact flash cards with my 40D, but I am not up on the XS model, so not sure what to recommend to him. I never erase pictures from card other than format in the camera, never fill the card completely, purchase only from a relaible source like B&H or Adorama, and have had zero problems with SanDisk. These recommendations I did mention to him.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>I buy whatever is the cheapest in the size I want. Right now the sweet spot for SDHC cards is 8GB. You can get them for about $20 and that is large enough for over 300 shots. For many people that is enough for a week long trip. I would not worry too much about brand name as all SDHC cards are made in a handful of factories, mostly in China. Even companies such as Sandisk who design their own cards, contract out the manufacturing to these factories.</p>

<p>Danny</p>