Quantum X2

magicord

<p>I saw a Quantum X2 for sale on the net but it was described as been set up to fit Lumedyne 067Qpower pack. Does this mean I cannot use it on the original Qpaq-X module? If not, is there a way to change back to fit Qpaq-X? Thanks.</p>

<p>Also, they said the flash was converted to DIGITAL and it has a label "DIGITAL" above the model name on the front of the flash. Was this a retro-fit by Quantum? Are there any X2 which is not a "DIGITAL" model?</p>

<p>Each digital flash mode or model is different, and is dedicated to specific family or brand of DSLR cameras, to take full advantage of the latest flash/camera technologies.</p>

<p>Make sure that whatever mode it was converted, it was converted to your DSLR camera that you have.</p>

<p>Recent Quantum models have USB ports for future compatibility updates, and promis to use flashes for longer generations of DSLR future cameras.</p>

<p>Quantum and other 3rd party after market flash vendors are having very difficult time to reverse engineer the light/IR based digital systems communications protocols, and the success rate is partial or mediocre, especially for Nikon CLS system. I doubt anyone else who converted the flash was more successful?</p>

<p>From the horses mouth:<br>

The X2D, is either a factory produced model, or a factory upgrade from an X2 model. The digital models do work with digital cameras, using the correct digital QTTL adapter. For instance with the newer Canons, you need the D23w-R model. With the i-TTL Nikon models, you need the D22w-R model.<br>

We do not make the X models Qflash with a cable that connects directly to a Lumedyne or Norman Battery. These are done with adapter cables that attache between the X model cable and the Norman or Lumedyne battery. Without the adapter cable, it would work with the Qpaq-X modular battery system.<br>

If you need more information, e-mail quantumhelp@qtm.com</p>

<p> </p>