Using RC-6 with T1i for mirror lockup

debejyo

<p>Hi,<br>

I returned depressed from a store after checking the RC-6 remote on T1i. It does not allow me to do mirror lockup. Or am I doing something wrong?<br>

Can someone please explain how to do the mirror lockup using RC-6 with T1i? Is it at all possible?</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>If you use the 2-sec delay, the mirror automatically locks up 2-sec before the exposure, at least on my cameras (don't have a Rebel). With immediate release, you get a normal mirror flip. Once you have enabled MLU, fire the RC-6 once to lift the mirror and a second time for the exposure. Personally I prefer the 2-second delay setting as I don't need to menu dive for MLU and the 2 seconds are enough time for any vibrations to die down.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>PF, it doesn't work that way on the Rebels, 50D or 7D. The 2 sec delay just fires the shutter normally after the 2 sec are up. Now with MLU enabled (requires menu diving), it does behave in that manner. It will flip the mirror up on full shutter press, and 2 seconds later the shutter fires.</p>

Yes I have just got caught with the RC-1 on the 7D, same operation.

I had expected it to work the same as a cable release so I could lockup and release the shutter at the right moment.

It is very anoying, partly because you can't tell from the product description but mostly because some one has delibratly

designed the system to work this way which must have more work than just reusing the shutter release event code they

already had.

I can only assume this is a marketing ploy to make you pay for the more expensive RC which presumably has not been

lobotomised in this way.

<blockquote>

<p>PF, it doesn't work that way on the Rebels, 50D or 7D. The 2 sec delay just fires the shutter normally after the 2 sec are up. Now with MLU enabled (requires menu diving), it does behave in that manner. It will flip the mirror up on full shutter press, and 2 seconds later the shutter fires.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hmm, you're right. It worked that way for most of my cameras since 1990 and for some reason Canon changed it. I just tried it with my 7D and no cigar....</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter