what did I do? NSFW attach

davewittemann

<p>Hello all.<br>

O.k. I shot about 9 rolls thru my RB67 and some turned out fine and some not so much. The first shot on the 'not so much' rolls looks like the film was not advanced all the way. So, what did I do or not do? I'm not new to this camera and have used it for years with no issues.<br>

Thanks in advance for your help!</p><div>00WaJF-248517584.jpg.c7d15bdc32600fa4edf2666a9f130ec8.jpg</div>

<p>I have some similar issues with my RZ. I thought at first it was due to me not aligning the arrow marks on the film with the arrows on the film holder. But I had a similar problem after I was sure it was aligned properly. I ended up with the first shot overlapping the paper.<br /><br />I'll know after my next roll comes back whether it got messes up again. :)</p>

<p>Actually, I kind of like the shot, what's the beef!?!</p>

<p>I can't tell what you did, because the numbers I assume? ? ? are the labs match number at the end of the roll? Not sure what else it would be. Anyway, I got this from time to time and I know I loaded things right, sometimes the lab techs just get sloppy and don't cut the film next to the tape. But square, that isn't right unless you have the square film back.</p>

<p>Be sure to line up the arrows and be sure to advance the film all the way until it stops. You may also want to further explain what happens rather than trying to guess the exact problem, other than what appears to be obvious.</p>

<p>Well, basically the film did not advance fully to fill the first frame. It only happened of 4 out of 15 rolls of film. To the best of my knowledge I did'nt load them any differently than the others. So essentially I do not know why the first frame was cut squareish.<br>

Thanks to you who responded!<br>

John, I like it square too but if I wanted all 6x6 I would have used my Rollieflex.</p>

<p>Get an expired roll of 120 and load it. Wind to #1 or 2, and see what's happening from the numbers on the back of the paper. Remove and rewind manually and do it again a couple of times. You may be able to figure out what the problem is, although it certainly sounds like it's got something to do with the holder.</p>