after 50D, i need for low noise and perfect AF.

<p>I want a better body for wildlife photography.<br>

I was thinking about 7D but I heard it's got worse noise levels.<br>

Doesn't Canon offer any perfect body? Like 5D in terms of iso and noise and 7D in terms of AF?<br>

Or maybe 7D is not so bad and worth switching from 50D.<br>

What do you suggest?<br>

Regards,<br>

Greg</p>

<p>I have the 5DII, 7D and 1DIIN but have never used the 50D. I beleive the 7D is better for noise at high ISO than the 50D from what others have told me but I have no direct experience. I find the 7D is good (so long as you nail the exposure) up to ISO800 and usable at 1600 with care. The 5DII is considerably better from ISO800 up and can be used at ISO 3200. While the 7D has much better AF than the 5DII I do not beleive you will find this a big problem unless you are shooting birds in flight. I can get great shots with the 5DII so long as you only use the center AF point. I believe that the 50D AF and the 5DII AF have very similar performance so if the 50D works then the 5DII should also meet your needs. That said I generally use the 7D or 1DIIN for wildlife as the 1.6 or 1.3 factor is a big help.<br>

While I do not own the 7D I beleive it is better in every respect than the 50D. The AF is a big step forward with performance in most situations as good as the 1DIIN (in very low light the 1DIIN feels faster than the 7D). The High ISO I understand is better due to new processing and a new sensor and in RAW 1600 is usable. The one thing I find worse on the 7D than the other Canon's I have used is the new metering system. While I am sure it is "a step forward" I find it annoying. Over 25 years of shooting Canon SLRs has got me to the situation where I can generally nail exposure compensation adjustments. I find that with the 7D I have to dial in a different exposure compensation than the one I would instinctively use - in general you needs less which proves the new algorithm but I am used to the way the old algorithms perform (I find that the metering has not changed really since the T90!).<br>

If you really need high ISO / low noise and don't need the crop factor get the 5DII if you need the AF get the 7D. Try the 7D and compare it's noise to your 50D. Go into your local store with a card and shoot both.</p>

<p>I would very much agree with Ken Papai with regard to high ISO on the 7D. The only light available was that coming in from rather smallish windows, and it was a cloudy day outside. This was taken in a church at Williamsburg, VA and processed in my usual manner to remove noise, sharpen and tweak color and contrast. While I fully realize reducing the size of the image to 700 pixels across also suppresses noise, the full size shot looks very usable at ISO 3200.</p><div>00WXyl-247269584.jpg.7f292fa7a62b8e1611d0a230bda86be4.jpg</div>