How to convert after editing in Camera Raw

<p>In the good ol' days of photography school, we were taught to photograph in RAW, convert to TIFFs and do all your levels, curves, hue/saturation, etc... on the TIFF. Then when you're ready to send it to your lab, turn the TIFF to a JPEG and voila! The perfect photo.<br>

Three years later, I just went to a seminar taught by a wonderful man in the Photoshop Hall of Fame and he suggested to make all the necessary changes in Camera Raw (or Lightroom if you prefer, I just happened to pick Camera Raw this particular day) on your original RAW file. But I obviously can't send that to my lab and the trouble I'm having is trying to figure out how to convert the RAW image with the Camera Raw changes into a TIFF while keeping the Camera Raw changes. The conversion software that came with my Sony A900 imported the original RAW files without the changes from Camera Raw. Any suggestions on what to do now that I've spent about an hour+ editing my photos in Camera Raw and can't convert them?</p>

<p>Excuse me while I say, Oh DUH! You know, after 6+ hours on the computer, you tend to forget the little things and your mind just decides to go on autopilot. Not to mention I did get my hair done the other day, so maybe some of the dye sank in. Anyways, that you both SO much. =)</p>

<p>Nicole, the image processor is a great tool, but on my version of Camera Raw I can use the Save... button on the bottom left of the screen to save one, many or all of the files I have open as jpegs, tiffs, or psd files with the changes I have made. Similarly in Lightroom I use the Export button to save files into the format and size I need. <br>

And with reference to the advice to make all your changes in ACR or Lightroom, remember that there are still quite a few functions that can only be done in Photoshop (aligning and blending layers, soft-proofing and a variety of ways to make layer masks are all important to me).</p>

<p>In Lightroom I don't have that problem, because, like you said, you just export the photos the way you want them. This time I just decided to use Camera Raw and had this dilemma. But thanks for the reminder of the save button that I never use. =)<br>

But you're right. I don't do everything in Raw, just the "basics".</p>