Leica hunting St.Louis/Nashville

joe_kallo

Nashville doesn't seem to be a good place for old Leica hunting--I've bought all my stuff elsewhere.

Dury's pro shop near downtown has some new Leica, Contax, and Bessa rangefinder equipment, but I haven't noticed any used gear from those companies. They do have a counter/shelves of used equipment that might hold old Canon RF gear, but don't get your hopes up.

There's also a used shop on the same street as Paul C. Buff/White Lightning, but I don't remember the name of the shop or street offhand. I haven't been there in years--not sure what their current stock is like or even whether they're still open.

The only used Leica gear I've seen for sale here was at one of the other Dury's locations. It was a rough user M3 with a fogged 35/3.5 and very fogged 90/4 for about $1200.

In St. Louis, just about the only place I know of presently is Schiller's on Manchester Road. Jefferson Camera was the premier spot for Leica, especially used, but Micael sold the building with the intention of relocating the store. However, the phone number is no longer in service and does not transfer to another location; and Michael isn't answering his email right now; so for the moment, until he gets it together, Schiller's is it. At Schillers, ask for Wayne Kaiser. There's not much used M stuff right now. They have a couple of R lenses in: an 80mm Lux and I think a 90 Cron; and two R4 cameras.

Bob Fleischman