<p>Here some new informations. I' ve noticed, on B&W pictures ( not converted to "grey scale" on "image"-> "method"---> "grey scale", but converted by silver efex plugin, working in rgb space) : the b&w picture, in the original Adobe rgb working space and not converted to srgb, on the "info" palette I can read r,g, and b values all identical among them ( i.e. : r 110 ; g 110; b 110). When I convert the same picture to Srgb and I open it on PS in Srgb working space, in the "info" palette I can see different r, g, and b values, i.e. : r 110 ; g 104 ; b 100 ). This is what happens. The test on r&w pictures may be helpful, because we don' t have the disturbance of color, and we can evaluate the r, g, and b values in a simplier way. Actually, in b&W pictures, r, g, and b values must be the same ( i.e. r 200, g 200 , b 200). This happens , as it should, only on my adobe rgb pictures not convertet to srgb. Instead, on my converted to Srgb version, the r, g, and b values are not the same ( i.e. r 200, g 195, b 191). Here the color shift.</p>

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>One of the two profiles is probably not what you think it is, either the sRGB or the AdobeRGB. The embedded profiles were both correct in the attached images earlier in the thread, too.</p>

<p>How about posting before and after images grayscale images where this is happening? It can be just a rectangle of 110 110 110; I'm mostly interested in the embedded profiles.</p>

<p>This is the b&w original image, edited in photoshop adobe rgb color space. Adobe rgb, not converted. The info palette in photoshop adobe rgb shows r, g and b values all equal among them ( i.e. : r 200, g 200 , b 200 ; r 110, g 110, b 110. ecc.. )</p>

<p>This is the converted to Srgb image, converted from the above Adobe rgb original one. This converted image, in the info palette of photoshop ( now Srgb color space) , shows r, g and b values different among them ( i.e. : r 200, g 195, b 191 ; r 110, g 106, b 105 ; ecc..)</p>

<p>I've opened both of your images in Photoshop and they both read R=G=B sampling all tonal regions in the info palette. They look identical as well.</p>

<p>It sounds like you have a corrupted display profile. Also make sure you're not building a table based display profile in your calibration software. Matrix based is the best. Can't be sure this will fix it, but other than that I haven't clue.</p>

<p>Tim : <em>Also make sure you're not building a table based display profile in your calibration software. Matrix based is the best.</em> I' m sorry , but I don' t know a' thing about "table based display profile" and "matrix". I just have a Dell u2410 wide gamut monitor, I calibrate it weekly by Eye One display 2. I set as target ; 6500K, 120 lumen, 2.2 gamma. And after calibration, the software says that this goal is achieved. And calibrated monitor profile is uploaded automatically at each computer start.</p>

<p>I can confirm the same thing. In Lightroom or GIMP both files have equal values of red, green and blue.</p>

<p>Photoshop seems to be showing you the wrong values in the info panel. Try switching between Actual Color, Proof Color, and RGB Color, and see if any of the three will show you equal R, G and B? If that isn't it, then perhaps something else in Photoshop's color settings is causing this.</p>

<p>marco, locate where your profile is within your registry and do a get info to see its file size. A matrix based profile will be under 20K and a table based will be much larger like over 100K. </p>

<p>But I doubt that could be the cause anyway. Just trying to cover all basis.</p>

<p>One more consideration. About monitor calibration : I calibrate my wide gamut Dell U2410 by an Eye One Display 2 unit. The software is Eye One match 3. In this software, when I open the window " choose calibration settings " I use to set : white point 6500K, gamma 2.2, luminance 120. But there is one more option : "open ICC profile". Have I to select any specific profile from this option, as "wide gamut rgb", or " adobe rgb" or what else ? Or have I not to select anything from this "open ICC profile" option ?</p>

<p>Please, can you aswer my question above about monitor calibration and eye one match 3 settings ? Thanks<br>

<em>..."I calibrate my wide gamut Dell U2410 by an Eye One Display 2 unit. The software is Eye One match 3. In this software, when I open the window " choose calibration settings " I use to set : white point 6500K, gamma 2.2, luminance 120. But there is one more option : "open ICC profile". Have I to select any specific profile from this option, as "wide gamut rgb", or " adobe rgb" or what else ? Or have I not to select anything from this "open ICC profile" option ?"</em></p>

<p>Please, can you aswer my question above about monitor calibration and eye one match 3 settings ? Thanks<br>

<em>..."I calibrate my wide gamut Dell U2410 by an Eye One Display 2 unit. The software is Eye One match 3. In this software, when I open the window " choose calibration settings " I use to set : white point 6500K, gamma 2.2, luminance 120. But there is one more option : "open ICC profile". Have I to select any specific profile from this option, as "wide gamut rgb", or " adobe rgb" or what else ? Or have I not to select anything from this "open ICC profile" option ?"</em></p>

<p>Thanks Jacopo. I must have been very tired when I wrote that the rgb values are not equal. I WAS WRONG. I checked again, and actually the rgb values are equal ( r=g=b) , both in Adobe rgb and Srgb versions. SORRY GUYS. But, can you please answer me about my above question ? : <em>But there is one more option : "open ICC profile". Have I to select any specific profile from this option, as "wide gamut rgb", or " adobe rgb" or what else ? Or have I not to select anything from this "open ICC profile" option ?"</em><br />Thank you</p>