Looking for the best Point & Shoot to photograph concerts

<p>Another vote for the G11 for the reasons stated. However, it's a very poor option compared to ANY dSLR. That said, I got some usable shots with mine in a jazz bar, where the entire stage must have been illuminated with a single 45 watt bulb. (The bass player didn't have enough light to read the scores the vocalist was passing around, so we're talking seriously DIM lighting.)</p>

<p>Thanks again for all the great responses on this. I think I'm going to go with the Canon G11 or S90. Size might be the key factor once I see the G11 in person. Though I might like that Samsung once it's out as well.<br>

@Eric, I know crowds are huge at festivals and if I do go it will be to some of the smaller stages anyway. Plus I love taking crowd shots as well.</p>

<p>My vote is for the Panasonic ZS3 or 7. I've recorded HD video in totally dark hall with medium stage lights at 12x zoom with stereo sound on my ZS3. My own kid, of course, playing in Department of Eagles at Cafe du Nord in Ess Eff. You don't need to be in the front row, you can zoom while shooting video, the sound is great, and it fits in your shirt pocket. </p>