Bronica ETR* macro options

lubos_soltes

<p>Hi all</p>

<p>I've done some googling around about Bronica ETR* macro options. It seems I cannot find reasonable information on the extension tubes and bellows:</p>

<p>1. Do the extension tubes work when stacked ? Can they be stacked at all ?<br>

2. Anybody used the bellows ? I can find 0 (zero) information on the Bronica bellows.</p>

<p>thanks for any information</p>

<p>Hi Lubos,<br>

I have used and own a bellows for my ETRSi, although I must admit it has been some time ago. Please email me as to what you need to know about the bellows as I have mainly used it with the 75mm.<br>

Regards<br>

Artur</p>

<p>I think the extension tubes can be stacked but Bronica does not recommend it. If I remember correctly there were two different macro lenses for the ETR series. Bronica also sold multi- element close-up lenses. There were recently a number of these for sale on eBay. For macro work a camera in the Mamiya 645 series would be more flexible. The Mamiya's have focal plane shutters so if you don't mind going without auto diaphragm, anything you can rig up to the camera should work. </p>

<p>Jimmy, that's exactly my problem ... there's conflicting information floating around. Some people say the tubes an be stacked, the Bronica manual says not to do it. However I have not found anybody confirming he successfuly stacked the tubes and the setup worked.</p>

<p>All I can do is confirm that some folks have said that despite Bronica's warning, they have done it.<br>

I wouldn't say it's harmless, as I don't know why Bronica says don't do it.<br>

The bellows are supposed to be very nice, retaining automatic operation, meaning shutter and aperture are cocked and released from the body as usual.</p>

<p> I can confirm that the tubes can be stacked, and they do work without a problem. Why Bronica tells you not to stack the tubes is a mystery.<br>

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the linkage mechanism in the tubes is spring loaded, and stacking them puts an extra strain on the camera mechanism.</p>