Do the camera manufacturers read Photo.net?

<blockquote>

<p>If they did, the cameras in our bags would be very different than they are now.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Why would you say that? It is very typical that in forums such as those here on photo.net and other web sites, 10 people would have 12 different opinions. Why 12? Because some people change their minds quickly.</p>

<p>So which opinions do you expect the camera manufacturers to listen to?</p>

<P>

I recall that back in the early 1990's, one of the major complaints among Nikon users on netnews (that was the pre-photo.net era) was that the 80-200mm/f2.8 AF zoom did not have a tripod collar. It took Nikon a few years, but eventually they modified the design to include a collar in 1996.

</P>

<blockquote>

<p>"...10 people would have 12 different opinions. Why 12? Because some people change their minds quickly."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>LOL! I'd have estimated a little higher than that, but a dozen sounds about right.</p>

<p>Remember when third party vendors scrambled to fill the demand for tripod collars for that early model 80-200/2.8 AF Nikkor? Kirk and others still seem to be doing well, providing custom accessories for folks who demand something better than the OEM parts.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"What do you think of Tecnical Support reps. from the leading camera manufacturers posting opinions on the forums? Or answering to opinions or question?"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I think it's risky, for the reasons I described in my 5/1/10, 9:17 a.m. post. For every benefit to potential customers there's a downside for the businesses that participate on discussion forums.</p>