What's your favorite USB mouse for hours of digital processing?

<p>For those of you who spend hours processing images in lightroom or photoshop, what mouse do you find is your favorite? I'm not a fan of wireless, so I'm looking for an old school WIRED (GASP) USB mouse to create a work station for my macbook using an external keyboard, monitor, and mouse. Anything at this point will be a step up from my trackpad, but I'd like to get something good for my hands and that is good for precision editing.<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>I replaced my mouse with Wacom tablet a few years ago and would never go back. I use the tablet and pen for everything, not just post-production.</p>

<p>For post-production work, it took a little while to get used to it but as I tell people now, using a mouse is like painting with a brick! And if you're looking for precision, there really isn't anything that comes close to a tablet.</p>

<p>Wacom tablet here, too. Nothing beat sitting comfortable at my computer with my tablet in my lap, drawing away. I have very bad wrists, so comfort is very important to me. I'm at the computer all day, 8-5, M-F, and I never have a problem with my wrists (because of computer work). I use the tablet for everything, too. Me using mouse is what is odd to me now (especially since I'm left-handed and everyone else's mice (mouses in computer speak?) are set up for righties. Nothing beats a tablet for precision, either.</p>

<p>Logitech G5, where I can adjust the sensitivity on-the-fly and physically load it up to the precise weight and feel that I prefer. Used in conjunction with a Belkin mousemat/gel wristpad which makes for a very comfortable overall experience. I never play games (it's really a corded gaming mouse) but it does everything I ask of it perfectly.</p>

<p>Razer Krait. (Simple, small, and excellent - no longer produced but easy to find new on Ebay.) But have you tried the Apple Magic Mouse with the 3rd party Magic Driver? I used to hate wireless mice but this one changed my mind.</p>

<p>Precision editing, Wacom tablet.<br>

Just about anything that's not precise or critical, Logitech track ball. I showed it to my wife and she bought one, now her mother has to have one too. An old mouse just seems so.... clunky in comparison.</p>

<p>I use a Wacom tablet & Logitech G500 mouse - the adjustable sensitivity is a god send for delicate work.<br>

Best thing to do is go into a shop where you can try them out - picking a mouse is very much dependent on the size of your hands and how you prefer to grasp the mouse, some people like to rest it in the palm of their hands whereas others use a claw grip using the ends of their fingers - manufacturers latched onto this and produce mice in differing sizes to suit.</p>

<p>I'm averse to wireless mice for a few reasons. 1) batteries/charging 2) losing it 3) I feel like I have enough wireless devices going on in my life. Who knows what they'll find out later about having a gazillion wireless signals going on in close proximity to you in the future. Yes I do use a cell phone (try to use it on speaker mostly), yes I use blue tooth in my car, and yes I have a wireless printer, so I'm not terrified of wireless devices, just figure I don't really need to add one more.</p>

<p>I've owned a 6x8 Wacom Intuos (3 I think) for about six or seven years. I've never found any big advantage to using it. I originally bought it mainly for the pen when making fine selections. It's o.k. for that and I still use the pen occasionally for that purpose but not very often, which means I use the Wacom mouse about 99% of the time.</p>

<p>I have two Wacom tablets. and have spent years trying to make friends with it. It's a hopeless marriage. I am razer sharp with a mouse, but everyone keeps suggesting the tablet. I am either cursed without the talent to learn this thing (stylus) or missing some critical concepts. Are there secrets about setup and use that one should know before frustration sets in?</p>