online photography course?

andrewgraham

<p>I am currently talking one from ppsop and am enjoying it. I was also considering better photo (as it is cheaper for the 8 week classes - although the 4 week classes are the same price) but someone said they didn't enjoy it - so I chose ppsop. <br>

I would also be interesting if people have particularly enjoyed a class or instructor from either companies - as I am looking at the June courses and finding it difficult to choose one. <br>

Jenn</p>

<p>For ppsop, the flower class was the best. The instructors from that also teach the Joy of Photography. I also really enjoyed the 'color' class from there.<br>

I prefer not to mention the teacher I didn't care for at betterphoto.com. Many people say it's a wonderful school, but I have only had experience with one teacher, so don't know how the rest are. This one, more or less ignored anyone who didn't have top of the line photo stuff. He said you had to have it, or you just weren't going to get decent pictures (I did actually learn something from the class, though), but I got to the point where I just quit submitting pictures. Even people in the class were saying on the discussion board that he wasn't being fair about it. I wrote a LONG recap of the class at the end, and never received a response from betterphoto about it.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p> <br>

<p>I just completed the Professional Photography Course from the Photography Institute. Took advantage of a half price offer so it cost $599. I took it for three reasons: organized approach, force me to stay on schedule, critical feedback. It delivered on the first two. Very weak on the third. Questions went unanswered. Some comments made it appear the tutor didn't read my submission.<br>

It is heavily oriented toward the person looking to begin a business. I am not and should have read the prospectus more closely. You also have to have Photoshop. <br>

Knowing what I know now, I would not take the course again and can't recommend it. I would follow the free lesson plan and assignments by Jodie Coston at <a href="http://www.morguefile.com/docs/Classroom">http://www.morguefile.com/docs/Classroom</a> or any similar free course.<br>

I'm also half way through the Lightroom course from Chris Orwig ($99). Highly recommended!<br>

</p>

<p>

</p>

</p>