Large number of animated ads

reprint

<p>A large number of animated ads are appearing throughout the site currently. A couple of examples are attached. Firefox 3.6.3 on Win Vista. They appeared almost immediately. Appear to be mostly horizontal ads as shown below but examples also of vertical right column ads seen too. Also they appear with IE8 and whether signed in or not. I know you are trying to track these down so I hope this info is helpful. If you need any more info, let me know.</p><div>00WI6M-238185684.jpg.0efa03b224b558383616af4668210fa0.jpg</div>

<p>Which anti-virus, anti-malware/spyware are you using? Updating and scanning regularly?<br /><br />Or (Josh, Bob, Jeff, Jin et al) maybe that doesn't matter in these cases? In my office we're locked down using only Firefox as browsers and Sophos for firewall/anti-virus etc. In my home office my PC is running Firefox with No Script running and daily scans with Nod32 and Malwarebytes. Mac is running Firefox. I never get any animated ads on P.Net. Nada. Am I just being lucky?</p>

<p>Those look like "legitimate" ads, i.e. they are being served by the agencies that photo.net gets advertising from. They don't look like any sort of malware.</p>

<p>As far as I know photo.net requests static ads and photo related ads when possible, but has no control over what the agency actually serves. When Josh finds ads that photo.net doesn't want to run he can contact the ad guys and ask they not be served anymore, but that has to be done "after the fact"</p>