cleaning sensors

I was at the beach on the weekend taking pictures of the horizon with some girls posing for me. Much to my utter disappointment when I got home, the pics I took with my M8 were ruined because of what I suspect to be a dirty sensor. I cleaned the lens, changed lenses and the spot is still there. I was wondering if anyone here can point me to a shop/company based in either Australia or Singapore that can clean the sensor for me. I'm based in papua new guinea so these 2 countries are nearer to me. We don't have any decent photo shops anywhere here. Any help would be much appreciated. I tried blowing off some extra dust earlier with a blower but the speck is still there. Thanks!

<p>Most stores will not help with this trouble. But they will sell you a $50 wet cleaning kit. Your sensor is actually behind a piece of glass (a filter). And it is this filter that gets dirty. Not the sensor itself.</p>

<p>It is awkward to reach in to the filter, and it is easily scratched. So even with the proper tools , be careful.</p>

Get a small pack of 4 Eclipse sensor swabs, Type 1 for the M8 sensor. Easy as pie. The only trick you need is to let the

swab dry in the air for about 45 seconds after you remove it from its package. You do this so it doesn't leave streaks on the sensor. Even if

you need to use 4 swabs because of trial and error or an extra dirty sensor, it will only cost you about $20 and the sensor will be spotless.

<p>When I am in Tokyo I let Leica do it. Fast and easy and only 2000 yen. Frankly, I would send it out to have it cleaned. The risk of scratching the filter is too great. I know professional photographers who refuse to clean their sensors and have their cameras sent out. <br>

This is where film shines over digital.</p>

<p>But anyway, if you don't know what you are doing don't do it and pay someone else who knows how to do it.</p>