<p>This really isn't a lightroom problem, it's just a mistake that I frequently make, and I'm wondering if there is any way to prevent myself from doing it.</p>

<p>Let's say I have several images selected for some reason, and I wish to open ONE of them in photoshop. I right click on the image and select "edit in photoshop". The problem is that I forget that I have multiple images selected, so lightroom begins the time-consuming process of opening all the selected images in PS. This may easily take 10-15 minutes before they all open, at which point, I of course have to close them all.</p>

<p>Any ideas? For example, is there a preference I can set so LR gives me warning that I am trying to open numerous files?</p>

go to the upper left hand corner and cancel the progress. . . then only select an open one at a time. The

problem as i see it with LR is that it can only do what you ask of it, it does not yet read your mind, maybe

they have added that to 3.0. . . ;-) . . .

<p>Thanks Tony but there are two problems with that (1) When the files are opening in PS, the PS workspace is displayed, not the lightroom workspace (2) Even if I can "shuffle" back to the LR workspace, the progress bar isn't displayed when opening files in PS. The only time I see that bar is when files are importing or exporting.</p>

<p>I simply make a habit of either deselecting all (Command/Control-D) and then specifically selecting the image I want to work on only (click on the gray surround in the filmstrip view) before electing the "edit in Photoshop" command.</p>

<p>I can't see any way of making it more visible what you're doing other than sticking another annoying "do you really want to do that?" dialog in the way. I detest those things.</p>

yea, youre right you cant really stop it once it starts. . . i never have had the problem you described but i

can see it could be a hassle if your were to get a bunch if images all going at once. . . eliminate PS from

your workflow and you'll solve the problems all together . . .

<p>One method might be to write a PS launcher executable in place of PS and either replace the PS executable with this, or just set the secondary app to this.<br>

The launcher would then detect if it had been called more than once in less than a second and queue up the subsequent open's with a dialog box showing in order to continue.<br>

This wouldn't be particularly difficult for a developer to write.<br>

Are you running Win / Mac?</p>