45mm f2.8P for Digital?

icuneko

<p>There may be another part to your question--are you asking if a lens made for film can be used (aside from mechanical linkages, etc.) to take pictures on a digital sensor? Many old designs have been brought out in new "digital" versions, after all.</p>

<p>If that is what you are concerned about, there is some tendency for older lenses to bounce light around inside the camera in ways that may affect sensors, where film wouldn't have "noticed," so to speak. The main difference in many of these lenses is not actual optical redesign, however, but in simply developing better lens coatings to reduce flare. Older lenses, even uncoated ones, can be used to good effect with adapters on many modern digital bodies; you just have to be aware of flare-type problems. A little healthy "chimping" is not amiss.</p>

<p>I use this lens on my Fuji S-1 Pro DSLR, my N2020 and my FG. I could not be happier with this tiny gem of a lens. I bought one and a year later another when two different stores closed. Selling the second still in box with papers paid for both so I now have the original for "0" USD. It's great on digital!</p>

<p>I've just recently begun shooting with this lens again. I owned it for a brief period three years ago and sold it. I enjoy shooting with it, I like the slightly wider focal length vs the 50mm 1.8 AF-D, and the color balance is more neutral and contrast is slightly higher. It is more contrasty and I prefer the way it handles out of focus areas. I've been shooting with Tessar type lenses for more than 20 years (Rolleicord, Rolleiflex and Rollei 35) and I've always liked the way they render scenes very much.</p>