Rating Photos.

roland_oa

<p>Hello.</p>

<p> <br />I'm french, sorry for my bad English. <br /> <br />I'm new to photo.net for some months <br />I'm pretty disappointed with the low number of votes on the picture I propose, between 5 and 10. <br /> <br />Does there have been changes to encourage voting? <br />Or I forget something?<br>

<br />thank you for your answers.</p>

<p>Roland.<br /></p>

<p>one of the the weakest point of this site is to rate images, which is completely biased, sorry to say, but it is true, </p>

<p>the main way to get high ratings is to leave comments to others images and give them rating, or try to be evolved with some way or other, so that people can at least see your images and give ratings accordingly,</p>

<p>very harsh reality... </p>

<p>You need to comment on other people's photos to get comments back. "Give and you shall receive." still holds true here. When you have time, go to the critique forum and pick a category that interests you, or go to the "Gallery" section, pull down the menu and go to "search by caption" or "search by photo tags" and type in what interests you. People usually see what you have in your portfolio after they read your comments. I have a friend who has the same problem: he doesn't have much time to comment on other photographer's photos, and doesn't get much feedback either.</p>