FM2N - blank shots.

RaymondC

<p>What happened?</p>

<p>I got my Provia 100F back and some of my shots were black as in blank and a few speckle of street lights (shot at night).</p>

<p>I did 2 sets of night photog with the AR-3 cable release. The first couple of shots came out alright. The second set came out blank. I did noticed a different sound with the cable release at the end when I went to close the shutter. My shutter speeds were into the minutes.</p>

<p>I took it out and opened the body cover and I played around with it but I cannot replicate it. I put the AR-3 loosely and still cannot. The mirror went up and it came down when I pressed it again. <br /><br /> My assumption is that it didn't lock up thus came out blank, unless it was night time and I accidentally put it into "1" and not "B".</p>

<p>I am puzzled. Apprec your assistance.</p>

<p>If you took a shot at night and it came out to be so black that you only see "few speckle of street lights", you could have taken the shot at a pretty fast shutter speed eg 1/60s, rather than 1sec, depending on your aperture I think.<br />Well, try to play around with diff shutter speed and listen closely to the sound of each speed. There should be a distinguishable difference in sound between 1s to 1/60s ... if it doesn't sound right, take the camera to a repairer. FM2 should be able to be used without battery at all speeds so it shouldn't be an electronic issue.<br />I hope this helps.</p>