I cant get the extention rail off of my camera! can anyone help!?

megan_griffith

<p>Megan,<br>

If this is a Toyo Monorail view camera, the end buttons and/or the extension rails snap into place onto the main rail. On the end cap (and the extension rail end), there is a black button, about 1/8 inch in diameter, which snaps into a hole on the main rail as the cap (or extension rail) is inserted. To remove either you need to push the little button in against spring pressure, far enough to clear the inside of the main rail (just over 1/8 inch). While holding the spring loaded button down, simultaneously pull off the cap (or extension rail). Some wiggling may be needed. Also be careful not to jam the button too far into the removable unit, since on my Toyo/Omega monorail end caps, the spring that holds the button up is made of plastic. I use a ball point pen to push the button down for this removal. I hope this is the answer.</p>

<p>Jack</p>

<p>You should be able to unscrew one end of the rail on a 45G series camera and then line up the slots in the end cap with the slots in the end of the rail and unscrew the 2 sections form each other--see attached pictures. If you have a 45 F or other Toyo with the lighter one piece monorail, you can use a ball point pen to push in the button on the bottom of the end cap and remove it to mount the camera on a shorter rail. </p><div>00W9xu-234265884.jpg.06e992f77242897ce9ce246b3f53fca6.jpg</div>