Is the Contax RTS reliable?

Wow "c_watson1" (if that is your name), what is your problem with "dead" threads?

You constantly beat that point to death ! - If something applies to the original posting,

what's wrong with supplements to the discussions ? - i.e. Wikipedia😵

- - - - - 

Besides, with participation in this venue DOWN to record levels, you really 'otta' appreciate any participation (Geesh).

Finally, I'll 'troll' your constant "NO DEAD THREADS" mantra, with the suggestion : ANYBODY who doesn't have "Images" uploaded in

their profile/portfolio, should not be allowed to comment on "Dead Threads"...😎

Not sure why the "Dead Thread " police are tackling this poor forum, none the same, I am reminded of  an eccentric German guy who goes about the (large metropolittan) city ?? checking that the business hours are posted, as it is required by the city.. and reporting those offenders!" ...I digress
I replied to this thread back in 2010, noting all electronic devixes are limited to reliability due to electonics. I aslo note the new post is related to the (much) later  ST model and compares inmage quality with a manual Voigtländer Ultron. A bit off topic, but the poster was abviously motivated by the topic by and his less than direct relation to it and is welcome to apply accordingly! 

Meanwhile, I now possess the camera upon which the reliability question was raised.  Mine has no electrical (AFAIK) failures, but it does frequently skip. ...the wind-on tripping the shutter at the end of the wind. This subsequently leads to curtain failure (blank frames). This will recover in time  ...10 minutes.  I now take extreme care when winding and get semi reliable exposures.. In fact, I love the auto metering/exposures it delivers, and the excellent ergonomics. While heavy by some regards the shutter release was specifically made to be gentle...it is very light to the touch. I would love a more reliable tool... but I don't think my problem is electrical... it's a physical adjustment to the wind travel or a curtain interlock.  So reliabilty I would heve to say poor..... but I can't justify buying another...unless it's under €80,00 (pain level)

I started to review old posts here some time ago and found the Indian gentlemans experiments with developing B&W and commenting on the growth of Bangalore quite interesting. Nowadays I examine posts about cameras I have sitting on shelves and sometimes take out to use as they were intended.

I find gthat the posts beyond 2-300  contain intersting snippets of useful info,

In the case of Voigtländer versus Zeiss I wished to confirm my belief that the Ultron was as good as the 35-135.

C-41 film makes the camera more important in its role as a black container than as provider of well dosaged flashes of light.

I do absolutely not regret reviving antiquities, whether in immaterial form or otherwise. And trust that the original compaliner will reailize the irrationality of opposing the use of this trasure-trove of information.

p.