How do I get the shutter release jack to go in the lower hole of an ELM?

trex1

Hi Q.G., and Russ,

The problem is that the release pin is sticking way out, and it is preventing the male part from going past it to mate properly. I am pretty bummed as I wanted to stick it in the lower socket and use the upper for a remote release.

While I have your attention, and tips on how to use the elm as a 645? I have a back. I guess a finder is next. How about a grip for tipping it on its side? I have the double grip, but that looks like it would be good for waist level shots only.

<p>Darius,</p>

<p>I don't quite understand what is in the way. Is it the pin of the release button?<br>

If it is something inside the socket, you could try pushing it to the side gently.</p>

<p>Using a 6x4.5 magazine on a Hasselblad requires two more things: a viewfinder mask and a 90 degree prism.<br>

A 45 degree prism will do, but is awkward with the camera turned on its side to do 'verticals'. The waist level finder is pretty useless (unless you like that sort of awkwardness, of course. ;-))</p>

<p>I don't think a grip would help much.<br>

But i don't like grips much anyway. I find Hasselblads, the EL(...) models also, fit in your hand very well, and a grip only makes it less comfortable to hold these cameras. (And i have tried them all.)<br>

Turning the camera on its side makes holding them a bit less fun, but still quite doable. But what grip could help make it better? I don't know if a grip can.</p>

<p>But you can try how you like how it works by simple only using the left hand grip on the double-grip.<br>

All other Hasselblad grips are left hand grips. Most are molded to fit your hand in a way that may not be very good when you're tipping the camera.<br>

So myself, i wouldn't (and don't) use a grip.</p>