Fisheye in Weddings

ujwal

<p>Hello,<br>

We photograph weddings together with my husband and he is a big fan of his Pentax fisheye lens. He uses it for taking photgraphs in the church and at the reception. He also makes 360' virtual panoramas at the weddings which our B&G really like. Of course, the use of the fisheye at weddings is limited, still it allows us to take some unexpected photographs which come as a nice surprise for our clients. If interested, you can see more fisheye wedding images on our website.</p>

<p><strong>Moderator Note:</strong> Elena--I mistakenly removed your image--I apologize. I was trying to remove the website link, which, by the way, is discouraged in forum posts. Would you please post your image again? Thanks, and again, I'm sorry--my mistake.</p>

<p>I have a 16mm 2.8 fisheye and have had some fun with it, but I have often wondered why I spent almost $1000 for a lens I rarely use, but I do have a lot of brides and grooms that enjoy the effect :) I usually take about five pictures the entire wedding day with it and sometimes a few at a bridal session or engagement session.</p><div>00W8WM-233623784.thumb.jpg.8c861655f7ffb467101a3c6c8175829c.jpg</div>

<p>Lovely photograph Melissa ...</p>

<p>Our clients almost never "see" the distortions ... they just see the WOW factor if we don't overuse the lens as David mentioned. </p>

<p>Here's a sample of a potentially problematic distortion IF one is looking at the image file technically but our customers are looking at their photos emotionally. This was an engagement session from a couple weeks ago; they loved it. I only used the fisheye for this shot during the session.</p><div>00W8Wb-233625784.jpg.4e3dcea9e362ab2e8ec442ff0767bb46.jpg</div>