What's in your camera bag today?

marco_gonzalez1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Leaving at 4:00AM tomorrow morning to cover an event on the side of a hill in the Pennsylvania mud.<br /><br />In the carry bag (a Think Tank Speed Racer):<br /><br />D300 w/grip<br />17-55/2.8 mounted to the camera<br />70-200/2.8<br />TC17EII<br />10-20mm ultra wide<br />77mm CP filter<br />SB-800<br />Extra EN-EL3e batteries and NiMH AA batteries<br />CF cards in small, waterproof hard carrier<br />Business cards, water bottle, lens cleaning stuff, pen, notepad.<br />Tucked through the bag's mesh panel, an Induro CF monopod w/ Manfrotto swivel mount.<br /><br />Optionally: a Think Tank Big Bazooka carrying a 055MF3 tripod w/ ballhead<br /><br />Back in the truck:<br /><br />Peli case with backup bodies, backup/specialty lenses, more strobes. <br />Portable IT rig with laptop, wireless internet widgetry, drives, and Sony dye-sub printer.<br />4-foot Tundra bag with two light stands, umbrellas, reflector holders.<br />Duffle bag with collapsed reflectors, sandbags, AC extension cables, gaffer's tape, etc.<br /><br />Strategically positioned in several places throughout all of this: Ibuprofen.</p>

<p>Same as always, D90, 10-24, 16-85 (mounted), 70-300 VR, 10.5 and 105 macro. Filters (67 & 77mm polarlizers, graduated nds, misc., filter wrench), extra battery and memory card. Sometimes the macro I take is the 60 or 200 and the 10.5 is replaced by the 35/1.8. A tripod is always in the car.</p>

<p>OK, starting with the case I have 2 a Domke Bag about 25 years old and a Lowpro sling 200. Nikon D90, Sigma 10-20 f4.5-5.6, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, Sigma 30 f 1.4, Nikon 50 f1.8, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Sb-600. assorted filters and cleaning stuff. About 8 different size of SD cards. Battery charger for Camera battery, extra Eneloops, plastic bag to cover everything in case of a storm, pencils, paper. Lastolite white balance fold up.<br>

Very seldom do I take all of the stuff with me for daily photo shoots.</p>

<p>phil b<br>

benton, ky</p>

<p>neck has nikon d2h with nikkor 80-200 AF 2.8d (2nd generation push-pull) , bag has tamron 10-24mm f3.5-4.5 and nikkor af-s 35mm 1.8 , polarizer and 2stop soft nd grad (which is not enough) , extra battery , brush and blower , extra memory card . i need to get a towel.</p>

<p>I have a horribly overloaded backpack (LowePro Minitrekker AW with Lenscase 4 on the side), which I essentially nearly always take... it's horrible, and each and every time I'm glad I brought all of it. It also makes good exercise to walk around with 11 kilos....<br>

So: D300 with 16-85VR mounted, SB600, 35 f/2, 24 f/2.8, 50 f/1.8, 85 f/1.8, 105 f/2.5, 80-200 f/2.8, 300 f/4, TC14, TC17, Tokina 12-24 f/ and 100mm macro. And some filters, add-ons for the SB600, batteries, CF cards.</p>

<p>Point is that I usually have no idea what I'll be taking pictures off before I leave... So, instead of lightening the load, I'm looking for a bigger, more comfortable, bag.</p>

<p>A huge backpacking pack with: Nikon D60, 18-55mm dx, 55-200mm dx, 85mm macro dx, sb 600 flash, flash cord and bracket, small softbox, pentax 36mm, bw film, 14mm pentax, 70-200 macro vivitar, diopter lenses, tripod/mini tripod.<br>

i just keep a heavy load and hope my energy doesnt run out.</p>

<p>Yeah, which bag? I have my big storage bag, my photo backpack, and my "airplane carry on" bag.</p>

<p>But usually in either of the ones I carry on a daily basis - Nikon D200, 16-85VR, 80-200 2.8, a Canon G11, spare batteries, remotes, spare cards, my small tripod, lens hoods. Small flash for the D200, flash cord.</p>

<p>Nikon D70<br>

Nikon 50mm/1.8 AFD<br>

Nikon 70-300 AF-S VR<br>

Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 AF-S<br>

Tokina ATX-Pro 12-24<br>

And stuff like batteries, CF cards, battery charger, card reader, cables, pol. filters, close-up lens.<br>

Not in the bag, but stored at home:<br>

- Pentagon bellows with Helios 55mm/f2<br>

- Studio flash kit</p>

<p>Camera:</p>

<p>Nikon D700<br>

2x SB800<br>

SD-8A<br>

105mm f/2.8 afd<br>

85mm f/1.4 afd<br>

35-70mm f/2.8</p>

<p>No need to carry the gitzo 1325 today </p>

<p>Lighting:</p>

<p>Westcott Umbrella (43")<br>

Westcott Apollo 24" softbox<br>

Manfrotto 1052BAC light stand<br>

Manfrotto nano light stand<br>

Tent pegs (work like a dream in the wind)</p>

<p>Which one? The tiny Lowe-Pro bag hanging from my neck has a Fuji 200EXR in it, three extra batteries, and a spare 4gb card. I have a lot of bags and cases full of stuff, but my current ready-to-go bag ( a beat-up er...well-used version of an old Leica bag design) has a Nikon D2X in it, an 18-70 on it, and a 50/1.2 with the OEM shade for each. I have a polarizer for the 18-70, three spare batteries for the camera, a half dozen memory cards, lens tissues, Kleenex, aspirins, band-aids, a pocketknife, that little Nikon thing that goes on the hot shoe and has its own PC connection, a small old flash unit, and 6foot PC cord, Leitz table tripod and lg head, fifty dollars in fives, a couple of phone cards, a spare set of reading glasses, USB drive, and sometimes an SB-800 (though not presently). Also with me are a tiny notebook, 2 pens and four Power bars.</p>

<p> </p>