Hanging prints in gallery? newbie

<p>Hi guys,</p>

<p>In a few months I'll be hanging some large prints of my 645 shots - about one meter on the long side.</p>

<p>how are you guys mounting photos for gallery exhibitions?</p>

<p>is there a paper i should be looking out for when it comes to printing at this size?</p>

<p>i'd love any info you have on this topic - thanks!</p>

Hi, A, this is one of topics for which there is no answer because there are so many answers because of the number of

variables. Why don't you check with the gallery at which you'll be exhibiting? The people there may have some

suggestions. You might visit the galleries where other photographers in your area exhibit and/or check with them to ask what

they do? Another option is to check with local framers.

Good luck!

<p>I will do this - thanks guys.</p>

<p>Jeff - I don't want to involve frames. I'm thinking of having them mounted on black laminated MDF which will measure flush to the edges of the print. </p>

<p>How are you displaying without frames?</p>

<p>I'm working on a show right now with another photographer where photos will be mounted on board (flush to the edges) and then mounted on wood blocks to get them off the wall. A shadow box with no box. I have another show planned with 100 prints at 8x10 and I've been thinking about either a bar that prints hang from or just mounting them directly onto a metal bar. The challenge with that many prints is aligning them and it's probably easiest to mount them directly onto a bar. I was going to do a small exhibition with large prints (maybe 30"x40") that would be mounted on board and hung from cables, but the place went out of business before I got around to printing.</p>

<p>I've done canvas also, I taught myself to do a gallery wrap on stretcher bars, and that went really well. I think I sold every canvas except one that I put in a show.</p>