I am going to visit new orleans for a week, Should I take my Camera with me?

Xinca

<p>I take my camera with me everyday of my life. It don't matter where I am. Mostly now with P+S digital,spare AA-batteries.Pro work a double set of Lithium. So take your camera. Recently in South Africa..as far as danger goes, leaves New Orleans in the dust! Not possible to even walk most streets in daylight, never mind carrying an SLR, a Canon AE-1P.Left it there for next trip! The tiny digital was all I needed including some formal family shots. Those huge fat DSLR's and humongous lenses, a back breaker.I may add a scanner but certainly thinking of another Pentax Optio(My Lady has mine),I use the Canon SuperShot 590.Get Insurance!My Leica-M's are now much more fun..</p>

<p>Hey Buddy,<br>

I live in New Orleans. It's not like a 3rd world country where all the people are robbers ;) I would defintely bring the camera. You'll be kicking yourself if you don't. During the day it's perfectly safe. At night I would probably cross strap the camera across your chest. As for pickpockets...put all your money and your wallet and cellphone in your front pockets.<br>

Yes the security box really is a security box since you program your own password. Be sure to remember what it is though.<br>

and most of all...don't forget to enjoy yourself! and try Cafe du Monde'. They have the best beignets (ban-yays) around...those are powdered donuts :) Good luck.<br>

Brenna</p>

<p><strong>Cafe du Monde</strong></p>

<p>I love that place been there many times, try and head down to the Funky Pirate Alex and see Big Al Carson one of my favourite artists.</p>

<p>I have had a couple of run in's in the Quarter in the 20 years i have been going to see my wife's Dad, what ever you do If someone asks you if you want a shoe shine, say no it's a scam.</p>

<p>Alex I work in New Orleans CBD which is blocks from the Quarter. People everywhere during the day. Just be careful at night and stay on the main streets. Majority of the people in the Quarter are just out partying! It's a great place to photograph so have a blast and enjoy. <br>

**NOTE - You may want to bring some elastic waist pants - between the pralines, beignets and po-boys you're gonna need em!</p>