Northern California Wildflower Locations

justin_koenigshof

<p>Hey everyone, <br>

<br />I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off from work and really want to get out to take photos of the wildflowers in northern California. I live in Sacramento. Last year I went west of Williams and there were a fair share of wildflowers along the 20. Does anyone from northern California have any hotspots that they know of? El Nino brought the rain and I've seen that the sun has brought the wildflowers. Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated. </p>

<p>Thanks!<br>

Justin</p>

<p>I haven't shot wildflowers around Sacramento, but since no one else has replied I'll at least post some general advice. Some of the areas in the lowest foothills of the Sierra should be starting to get wildflowers now or very soon - you could probably more or less just head east and get of the main highways.</p>

<p>Dan</p>

<p>in the last 3 days i went around napa, sonoma, fort bragg, down 1 to sf, and the east bay hills. the flowers are starting to come out, but my impression is that we are a couple of weeks early yet. your best bet is to keep an eye on carol leigh's site.</p>

<p>Justin - I know this is coming a bit late, but the poppies are going nuts around aerojet, Rancho Cordova, Grantline road east of Sunrise. Also tons of field flowers lupine and such along Jackson highway east of Sunrise. If I wasn't off to see the mouse (Disneyland) next week, I would be making a trip over towards Daffodil Hill. Those flowers should be in full swing in a week or two if this warm weather continues.<br>

-Dave</p>

<p>Thanks for the responses guys! I have held off going out searching for wildflowers until this weekend. We just got more rain in the last two days and I believe the sun is supposed to be shining for the next several so things should be popping pretty quickly here. I'm heading up to Lake Berryessa this weekend to see if anything has happened there yet. </p>

<p>Thanks again! ~Justin</p>