<p>Hi Everyone,<br>

So first off I'll start by saying that I've decided to calibrate my laptop using the Spyderpro3 as I didn't have the extra cash for the Eye2display1, which I would have preferred....but anyways. Also I totally get that I may not get the results I would've liked with calibrating my laptop as it is a laptop:) I would like a bit more accuracy though with my colour and figure atleast if I get my monitor to display colours as close as possible to print, I'm happy with that, for now. <br>

So the big problem. I have a green tint to my images and the yellows are too yellow. My blues are more purple which I'm told is very much expected with laptop calibration, and there isn't much I can do about that, but is there ANYTHING I can do about the green and yellow?<br>

Mel</p>

<p>Then you're having problems with the display calibration settings clashing with some other setting in the display's properties. You need to clear the deck, and make sure that no utility from the factory or other setting is attempting to be in control of the display's output, while your new display profile (from the calibration routine) is fighting with it.</p>

<p>So you mean the display settings that are on my computer are fighting with the calibration. Do you have any idea how I would then get my laptop back to it's default or factory setting? Or how I could manipulate these to my benefit. Who would have thought calibrating would be this tricky? I guess even if these settings were set back to their default it could still be in competition with the calibration. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Hi Mel,<br>

I use Spyder3Elite on my Macs with no problems. Start with the default display brightness. This is the only setting that needs to be touched on the Mac. Calibrate at night or when there isn't much outside light shining on the screen. I would use the step-by-step rather than the advanced method. Your display may look a bit darker than you think it should, but this doesn't matter as it's the print off the printer that really matters. <br>

If you are not using a Mac, I am likely of no help. Don't give up. Spyder3 is an excellent product. I also suggest you contact Datacolor www.datacolor.com for help. They should be able to walk you through the solution.</p>

<p>So what I've ended up doing is recalibrating my laptop, and then calibrating using my Spyder3pro. This pretty well took care of the green casts on all of my photos! Thanks to Matt:) I did this earlier today just on a whim but really took my time second time around and made sure there was no green case.<br>

I also used the "native" setting on the SP3 and this helped as well. Thanks so much, and I'm glad I didn't give up. Although I spent the ENTIRE day on this calibration issue it is well worth it!</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I'm having similar problems trying to calibrate my laptop with Spyder 3 Pro - after calibration, everything has a green tint. (Spyder 3 Pro worked great on my desktop machine).</p>

<p>It appears, at Matt suggested, that the Intel GMA utility is conflicting with the generated profile. </p>

<p>However, I can't find a way to turn off that Intel GMA utility... :(</p>