Epson 4880 roll paper feeds excessive amount

<p>I am a mostly very satisfied Epson 4880 owner. I have been using it with roll paper for about a year. I recently started having a very serious issue: when I print an image the printer first ejects about 15" or paper, prints the image, then ejects 15" more. I'm not able to use the printer because of the high degree of wasted paper (yes, I suppose I could cut these and run them through as a custom size).<br>

I have looked in the menus on the printer for some way to change settings, though I did not make any changes previous to cause this to occur.<br>

I mostly used the printer on a Windows machine, but recently switched to a Mac with Snow Leopard. I understand there are issues with this OS, but until this problem started it worked just fine.<br>

If you have any insights as to what might be going on, please let me know.</p>

<p>Side note: I notice that only some of the Epson utilities will work (none of the LFP Remote panel ultilities seem to work, nor does the firmware updater). I would be curious to know what experience others have had.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>do you have the correct and latest driver instal? many mac people and switcher *think* that becasue the printer work that mean the driver is instal.. but Leopard could use a generic printer driver call gutemprint and that could cause the problem. Most of the issue you read on the web concerning leopard and epson are mostly due to a user knowledge . not really about the OS itself.</p>

<p>In your system preference, in your print section, what is the driver used for the epson? can you make some screen capture of your photoshop setting, your page setup setting and the epson driver setting just before print?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Joshua,</p>

<p>I have a 4880, so maybe I can help. I need some info first. What size paper are you using? What size print are you trying to print? Is it borderless? What did you set your roll paper size to be? What software are you using (ie. photoshop, lightroom, aperature)?</p>

<p>Im thinking that you have changed your dimensions of your roll paper size. Or perhaps your orientation.</p>