Herco-Stinko-Flex Results: Grosjean

<p>The next frontier for this amazing machine might be portraiture.</p>

<p>(And maybe, years ago, it was used for that; the stink could be the smell of souls it has cooked.)</p>

<p>For example, just by using a background of blue water and crimson sky (and persuading a suitably photogenic subject to stand before its "lens") a talented Stink-o-Flex photographer could reasonably aspire to equal or surpass even an acknowledged masterpiece such as this:</p>

<p>http://thinkwinemarketing.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/1893_edvard_munch_the_scream-wr400.jpg</p>

<p>In fact, Doug's "Herco-flex #7" is already 90% there (minus the color, but who cares). If this picture included a near-distance human figure, it would be gallery-ready.</p>

<p>Tonu and Kozma have it right. Especially Kozma. Plane of focus and location of warps in film are simply random acts.</p>

<p>I haven't heard from Gene M. on who I'm to send it to next, and we have nice weather, bright sunlight now. If I hear nothing for a few days, I'll run the color through it too. I just didn't want to hog it.</p>

<p>Doug - you're not going to believe this, but when I posted my remark about the car in photo #3 and its circus-car like appearance, your comment had not yet appeared on my screen or I would never have said something so similar. But what's really weird is that I nearly said "twenty clowns" like you did, and almost used "big top" instead of "circus ring." Then I would have really looked stupid.</p>

<p>A terrific idea passing this little stinker around!<br>

The results are very amusing and it's so interesting seeing a (trippy) view of everyone's home town.<br>

I'd also be interested in seeing your results with colour film as well Doug if you still have the camera and the time to snap a few off....</p>

<p>Lewis - nah, we're pretty mellow here. That car is so obviously a clown car...</p>

<p>Gene M. - I'm extremely flattered. I think you're a master at getting amazing results from these crappy old cameras.</p>

<p>Kelly - I've got a roll of color in it now, and we have sun today, and I've shot 9 exposures so far, in local small towns where I have roots / memories. Will try to get the next 3 frames exposed while the weather lasts. After that, Gene M. will need to tell me where to send it next. It's all the same to me</p>

<p>I also asked some innocent bystanders today they thought the Herco-Flex smelled like, because honestly I feel I'm not qualified. </p>

<p>One was mywaitress at local bar & grill, but she's also my first love from high school, and modern day friend after 31 years of no contact. Luckily, she had a cold and after taking a big whiff (I almost hollered "No, Ann, NOOOOoooo....!"), she said she had a cold and couldn't quite place it. She must have a very bad cold, because she still hugged me on my way out.</p>

<p>Another sniffer volunteer was another retaurant customer, fascinated with older things, there to shepherd a group of nursing home residents on an outing. She took a very small whiff, wrinkled her nose, and said it smelled just like vomit. She's almost certain somebody threw up in it as some point.</p>