My turn for loving my new D90

jeremy_jones3

<p>Hey everyone,<br>

I know this can get old quickly but I must express my extreme delight with my D90. Only just a year ago I posted a comment that I would "never trade in my F90x for anything digital." Well, I did just that. I have been shooting film for the last 12 years (and I kept an old Canon AV-1 so I can still do so once in a while) but I couldn't bear listening to my wife nag me about developing costs anymore. I am astonished with every aspect of the camera. The menus are easy to navigate, the metering is almost always bang-on, the AF is great and it fits like a glove in my hand. As a long-haul truck driver I get to see many parts of this beautiful country (Canada). Now I will be able to capture this beauty at a much more affordable cost! I currently have a 35-80mm, 80-200mm 4.5-5.6D, and I purchased a 50 1.8 with my D90. I shoot just about everything so I'm already looking at a 300 f/4 and a 10-20/10-24 mm to extend my range on both ends. Happy shooting!</p>

<p>Menus easy to navigate ?<br>

That's what I like with Nikon: You know one Nikon body, you know them all, and get used to the new functions very quickly. Also, almost all old lenses fit. However, the AF is a little disappointment, especially on Live View. But like everyone else, I'm extremely satisfied with my D90, especially for the price.</p>

<p>There's a club? If so, I'm in - have had mine for 2.5 weeks (upgraded from beloved D40) and utterly adore it, especially teamed with the nifty 50 f/1.4. Congratulations, and what fun you'll have shooting your travels across beautiful Canada.</p>

<p>Bill, beautiful shot of your lad. Lens? I love it, one for the wall for sure.</p>

<p>Nice shot, good perspective (IMHO) and really sharp!!<br>

I'm a member of the "I love my new D90" club too - I love to be able to save setttings in the SD card, backed up on my PC. Nice menu options, too.<br>

Enjoy and see you on wednesday!!! lol<br>

Steve</p>