canonpro9000 and/or pro9500 reality check

<p>HELP WANTED (PLEASE). I've been all over the net looking (like Diogenes with his lamp) for an answer to about how many 13x19" prints these printers will put out before the usual magenta and/or cyan and/or yellow inks need replacing. I'm sure there are differences due to file sizes and how much detail per print, etc; but what is a good HONEST UNEMBELLISHED estimate. I am strongly tempted to purchase one of them, but some of the numbers I've seen lead me to believe they're a "little too rosy". I am more hobbyist than pro, so ink usage won't be a major factor; but I'd like to know what my real expectations can be before committing to a purchase. Thanks in advance. P.S. reference is to the newer markII model(s).</p>

<p> </p>

<p>i cant say exactly how many print you can do with this Canon printer using exclusively Epson one (maybe you should think about them too ; )</p>

<p>But i can give you a estimate from a similar epson model like the 2880; i was able to produce around 40 11x14 full color print with a complete set of ink before having to change a ink cart, printed at 1440dpi.</p>

<p>If you want a better and cheaper alternative, a Epson 3880 with a ink cartridge of around 80ml (vs 10-14ml for a smaller one) will produce more print for a way cheaper price (you get around 7x more ink for around 3x the price of a small one)</p>

<p>I know im talking about Epson and you ask a question about a Canon.. but they should not be that different $ wise.</p>

<p>I own the Pro9000 along with a smaller Epson desktop. Compared to my large format Canon ipf8000, they are ink guzzelers. The Pro95000 is a pigment printer, as you probably know, and will give you far longer lasting prints than the 9000. FWIW, you might want to consider one of the current Canon 17" or 24" wide models. They will cost twice to three times what a 9500 currently goes for but the ink costs per print will be far less and the starter sets of inks are likely to last you as long as four or five complete sets of ink for the smaller printers. In addition, you can load roll paper or canvas stock on the larger printers, making cost per sheet even less. There is a definite advantage to the mid-size printers in terms of consumable costs. Canon also has rebates going at the moment. One distributor, IT Supplies in Chicago pays the freight to your door and they also stock Epson and HP.</p>

<p>I can almost guarantee that once you have a 13"x19" print in your hand, you will want to see a larger version.</p>

<p>www.itsupplies.com</p>