Shooting 220, 127 and 620 in TLR?

gateway

Is anyone actively using or adapting other films to their TLR in 220, 127 or other film types? For example, there seems to

be quite a few Yashica 44 cameras (127) changing hands on a popular auction site. Also, there seems to be plenty of

users adapting of one type to another format.

-John

<p>You can adapt and re-spool 120 films for 620 camera use. This is quite common.A perusing on Google will show you how.</p>

<p>Unfortunately there is no such gimmick for 127 films, due to it's narrower width. These are only available at special order obsolete prices, and the emulsion choices are rather limited by comparison to 120.</p>

<p>It's been about five years since I ran some (127) film throgh my Yashica 44-LM. At that time, Efke R100 in 127 was readily available and reasonably priced. I could develope it myself in a Paterson tank and reel, and print it on my regular enlarger (yes, I found on eBay the correct 4x4-on-127 negative carrier for my Beseler 45 MX). There were also color negative and positive 127 films available, but they were somewhat pricey, and although my local pro lab could process them easily on their dip-and-dunk machine, turning the processed film into a print was not trivial.</p>

<p>Ultimately, since getting a DSLR, I don't shoot much film, and the 44-LM was always something of a toy. The Efke film was not (IMO) up to modern standards; if I could have gotten reasonably-priced TMX or Delta 400 or Tri-X in 127, I would have used it more. I still use 120 and 4x5 occasionally, but can't see too much point in shooting today on 35mm or especially 127.</p>

• 3 months later...

<p>My wife and I just shot some Fuji Reala 100 Asa color 35 mm film in a pair of Kodak Brownies. 35 mm film was rolled on 127 paper so the pictures are all the way out to the sprocket holes. I have not scanned any yet but I will shortly, if any look really good I will post. I shot B&W 35 mm film through the cameras before trying the color. The two Brownies are a Baby Brownie Special and a Brownie StarMeter. The 35 mm film just needs to be cut to 25 inches, taped on and rolled. <br>

I recently made a pair of adapters for fitting 120 spools in my Argus Super 75. The 120 spools fit into place but without the adapters the holding nubs catch in the 120 spool drive slots. My Super 75 will take a 120 without needing to trim the spool in the supply side.</p>