instant camera to PC picture transfer

<p>Hello<br>

Can anyone help me with this problem? I have pun a Nikon D70 camera via a usb cord onto Capture one software. I have seen somewhere that you can shoot pictures and display them instantly on the computer and I want to do this also. I have bought a 5m usb cord, but it doesn't work. Not even with the camera short usb.<br>

I read on some forum that the D70 needs Nikon's camera control to work with capture one, I instaled camera control and put the usb in the camera (it says PC on the screen) and starded camera control. But it says "no camera detected".<br>

Does anyone have a clue how to work this out? or.. is there any other software that alows me to shoot pictures and have them copied on my computer and shown on screen?</p>

<p>thank you</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I believe you need to change the camera's USB port so that it's not in mass storage mode. Otherwise, it's just a big expensive CF card reader, as far as the computer and control software is concerned. You should find a menu option for this on the D70.</p>

<p>what you mean is called tethered shooting.<br>

many apps are able to do this; i think there is even a plugin for lighroom;<br>

but its pain with usb2; rocks with FW800 !<br>

from the homepage:</p>

<h2>Tethered Capture<sup>Enhanced </sup></h2>

<p>Capture One PRO lets you shoot tethered with your Phase One digital back, selected Leaf and Mamiya digital backs, and with Canon or Nikon DSLRs, which means that you are capturing images directly into your computer without any interim storage. The latest version adds tethered support for a wide range of Leaf cameras as well as the latest Canon and Nikon DSLRs.</p>

<p>Capture One 5.1 PRO/DB has tethered capture support for the following digital backs/cameras:<br>

Phase One: P 65+, P 40+, P 45+, P 30+, P 21+, P 25+, P 20+, P 45, P 30, P 25, P 21, P 20, H 25, H 20, H 101, H 10, H 5, LightPhase<br>

Mamiya: M31, M22, M18<br>

Leaf: Aptus II 10, Aptus II 7, Aptus II 6, Aptus II 5, Afi II 10, Afi II 7, Afi II 6 (all preliminary on Windows)<br>

Additionally Capture One 5.0 PRO has tethered capture support for the following DSLR cameras:<br>

Leaf: Aptus 75S, Aptus 65S, Aptus 54S, Afi 7, Afi 6, Afi5, Aptus 75, Aptus 65, Aptus 22, Aptus 17 (all preliminary on Windows)<br>

Canon: 1D Mark IV, 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark III, 1D Mark II N, 1Ds Mark II, 1D Mark II, 5D Mark II, 5D, 7D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 500D/Rebel T1i, 450D/Rebel XSi, 400D/Rebel XTi, 350D/Rebel XT, 1000D/Rebel XS<br>

Nikon: D3s, D3X, D3, D700, D300, D300s, D200, D90, D80, D60, D5000, D40x, D40<br>

The extent of tethered capture support will vary depending on the back/camera connected. In particular, Live View/Preview is only supported on selected Phase One and Mamiya backs.</p>

<p>hy again.<br>

I didn't know how to do this in lightroom. DId not know LR could do that too.. but I found some alternatives.<br>

A small free software for windows http://www.diyphotobits.com/2008/05/23/free-tethered-shooting-script-for-nikon/ and another plugin for mac: http://www.mountainstorm.co.uk/photography/Tether-Manual/Tether-Manual.html<br>

I work on mac and pc and had to find a way of shooting on both systems, and I actually prefer LR because I have it, use it and like it. Unfortunately the script is a bit slow on win (did not test the other one on mac yet) it takes about 3-4 second to show the image.</p>