valerio_saggini

Hello,

I have a Mamiya Press Super 23 with a Sekor 100 3.5 lens. It came in

my possession recently and I'm an absolute beginner in MF. So my

question may be stupid.

Here is the question: is it possibile to load Polaroid film packs

into the Mamiya film pack adapter?

And, once I've loaded the film and attached the adapter to the

focusing screen holder, what kind of problems I may encounter?

Thanks

Valerio

Nope, the film pack adapter is useful only as a paperweight, IF that's what you have. But it attaches directly to the camera, not to the focusing screen holder.

The reference to the focusing screen holder makes me wonder if what you really have is a sheet holder that inserts into the ground glass back. These you can still find film for, although I'm a bit stumpted at the moment as to where. I think Ilford stills offers this size, and Film for Classics as well.

In neither case can you use Polaroids.

In fact, there's no way to use Polaroid with the Super 23 at all, the Polaroid back only goes on the Universal.

To get a really useful camera you need to spend the $60-$70 bucks at an auction site to get a roll-film back.

Thanks for the correction - I guess I completely misunderstood what a pack film adapter is, or had seen some other part and gotten them confused. My apologies. In any event, if you want to shoot Polaroids, pick up a Universal body. If you get one "naked" they're about $100, and another $75-$100 for the Polaroid back. Shooting P/N with this is a blast.