Jobo - At Wits End

<p>So, in the past I used to use a Unicolor base with Beseler processing drums for RA4. No problems. I upgraded and got a jobo without a lift (CPE) , then a jobo with a lift (CPP2). They have been great for E6, but I been problems with RA4.<br>

I get + density streaks, with a bluish tinge. I'm using Kodak RA4 RT chemicals, with Kodak paper and am following the processing times for drums from the data sheet. Jobo says to use a prewash, and Kodak says not to. I've tried it both ways. Same thing. Bluish streaks. I didnt get these with the Beseler tubes (but that was when Kodak made the 1 gallon kits).<br>

Any ideas? I'm pulling my remaining hairs out.</p>

<p>Colin:<br>

I had the same problems with my Jobo ATL-2. The solution is two parts.<br>

1)Yes do a prewash for 1 minute.<br>

2) Lower your processing temp so that you extend your processing time to at least 90 seconds to 2 minutes in the developer. I don't recall the exact temp but you should be able to look it up.<br>

good luck<br>

Jim</p>

<p>I'm going to try 30C at 1:30 tonight and see if that improves it instead of 40C for 45 seconds. I ran it with stop and wash between dev and blix last night, but the streak was still there, but seemed less dense.</p>

<p>Most of the streaks are along the axis of the tube, but some also go for about 4 inches, then make a hard left or right, then go for another 3-4 inches.</p>