I clicked on the DA * 300 post and was hijacked

c2500

<p>This morning I had two redirect scripts launch from ads here on PN. One launched completely on its own, and the other when I clicked a simple text link (meaning, the toxic JavaScript being served up by the third-party ad was trapping <em>any </em>click on the page, and redirecting the browser). <br /><br />There is a plague, right now, of advertising syndicators being hit with poison feeds, submitted usually by advetisors that have themselves been compromised by a bad guy who's managed to get a trojan or other bit of nastiness on one of their computers. Lots of ways for this to happen, when you're including third-party content on a page.<br /><br />The ad syndicators are in an escalating war on this front.</p>

If that's true, I would suggest installing the "NoScript" add-on if you're using firefox. I'm sure IE would have something similar. I'm not sure about Safari at all. It basically disables ANY scripts on the page unless you explicitly allow them. I've found it quite useful.

<p>I did not see this post until later today. I, too, am being hit with an attack here and there but my antivirus is catching them. I am using ESET Smart Security if any one is interested. Regards.</p>

<p>FYI, I got hijacked to a bogus Anti-Virus site today, but not from photo.net. Was actually Googling something automotive, went out of the room while it was sitting on a page, came back and was seeing bad pop-up warnings that I was infected, etc.</p>

<p>Just <alt> F4'd everything, checked my Nortron IE history (it didn't notice a thing...) then for insurance did a Windows System Restore, choosing previous morning's state.</p>

<p>Seems ok.</p>

<p>I will add a note that I have had re-directs from more than one P.Net page over the past few weeks. I am also using ESET Smart Security (no, this is not an ad for the tool) and it has caught them before they launch to far. They appear to be of the "you have viruses and need to install and run our virus checker" variety.</p>