Real Good Advice Needed

<p>Hi Everyone<br>

I'm an Indian student looking for a good course in photography at Under Grad level for making a career in commercial photography .I have view US course but they r quite expensive for me .<br>

I need a good course in commercial photography in Europe but UK courses i find on theory side , after talking to some student studying or have studied .<br>

please help me with this out <br>

drop a mail at nikhilkhanna.87@gmail.com</p><div>00Vt8n-224865584.thumb.jpg.b41b91e25ec81191fc6adb112b04a4e2.jpg</div>

<p>Nikhil,<br>

It isn't that there aren't institutions in UK that would offer courses in photography but none of the prestigious academic universities would offer something in commercial photography in itself. Art history and for that matter even history of modern art forms courses at many of the top institutions, however, the practical side of photography would be offered at the so caller newer (former polytechnic) universities. I have friends who are studying for undergraduate degrees at University of Glamorgan in the field of photography. It might be better for you to take an undergraduate course in photography and then perhaps specialize in commercial photography.<br>

Some casual observations based on having a large group of friends who happen to be overseas students. It is not cheap to live and study in UK. You might have read that there are restrictions on student visa applications from India as a result of a recent fraudulent rise in such applications. <br>

I personally feel that you would be better off looking into courses within USA, especially around the larger cities.</p>

<p>Hi Nikhil,</p>

<p>As a sidenote, I recommend editing your original message to remove your email address. Otherwise you are opening yourself up to a lot of spam. It is best if people could post replies to the thread as this allows other people with similar interests to also learn. If people wanted to contact you, they can do so through the site.</p>

<p>Barry </p>

<p>Nikhil,<br>

As Starvy pointed out there are Visa issues and all sort of things in UK right now. As you are already wish to do a course in abroad why can't you consider US?<br>

Let me know the Institute names that you are looked in USA. So that I can suggest something.<br>

I too enrolled with NYIP - Professional Photography course. But thats a remote course. They send study material and you have submit your work. Unfortunately I couldn't able to get the time to finsih that as I am busy with work n family.</p>