Eveready Case for M2

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p> I want to get an eveready case for my Leica M2. I know Luigi's cases are considered to be the best, however $440 is a bit more than I can afford. I saw that the Leica eveready case has some sort of weird closure on the back that didn't look that cool to me and at $350 it's also quite expensive. I want this case so that I can toss my M in my bag with other things (a small notebook, soft cover novel, pens, pencils) without worrying about scratching or denting it. Are there any other options? Does anyone have pictures of these or other cases that I might look into? Thanks for all the help and advice guys.<br>

~Andrew</p>

<p>Andrew, I think you're looking in the wrong direction. If you put the camera inside of two cases, you'll never get to it when you need it. The two best options I've found are Domke inserts ($10-$20) or a Billingham insert ($50-$60).<br>

Also, keep in mind that Leica M's are totally sturdy, and the more scratched up they are, the less noticable they are. That's what they're all about, after all.</p>

<p>Get an old black cowhide Russian Zenit / Zenith SLR case with rounded ends, maybe $2, or $10 with camera (say Zenit 3M), replace the small aluminium(?) retaining screw with a larger one, say from a Canon ERC, & cut out the eyepiece & flash space, & anything at front that gets in the way of self timer or preview levers. That way you get an ERC and a half case at the same time, and longer lasting leather than an original Leitz ERC. Otherwise get the latter & renew stitching, which will be dodgy by now.<br>

Mine has lasted me 25 years as a half case</p>

<p>Andrew,</p>

<p>I purchased two nice soft leather camera cases (Not sure of the manufacturer) about a decade ago. They have protected very well my M camera with attached normal or wide angle lens or my IIIf when I want something that will avoid damage in my briefcase or camera bag. The zipper is metal, but I have placed a bit of tape on its underside and this avoids trouble. It has two small openings in the back for threading the straps through and is rapid in use as well (to remove camera) and remains attached with the minor problem of resting above the camera on the strap. If I want to avoid that, I ignore attaching it to the camera and use it simply as protection. It stuffs easily in a pocket when shooting. I was thinking of advertising it on PNet classified, but if you are interested I can part with one (they are both in excellent or mint minus shape) for 60 dollars (what I paid) including Paypal fees and postage to North America. </p><div>00VuJr-225631584.jpg.9824316047c2b0d2ed9e02913509bd84.jpg</div>

<p>A Fed 3 case is a perfect fit, just need to relocate the tripod screw hole and remove the rivet holding the top half on. Use as a half case or just wrap the top around and leave off when ready to shoot. You may have to buy a complete Fed 3 with Industar 61 just to get the case, but that is not a bad thing, nor would it be expensive.</p>