CS3 misbehaving with Snow Leopard

<p>Ever since I installed Snow Leopard on my MacPro Dual, CS3 has been doing weird things that I would describe as a "semi-stall." For instance, if I make a duplicate of a multi-layered image, the new image cannot be flattened, i.e. the "Flatten Image" command is grayed-out. Also, I cannot quit Photoshop without force quitting, which I have to do frequently in order to re-start it, so that it will work properly until the next semi-stall.</p>

<p>Has anyone else encountered similar problems with CS3 and Snow Leopard? Are there any simple solutions? I am reluctant to upgrade to CS4 at this time with CS5 just around the corner, because I am leery of Adobe charging me for two upgrades.</p>

<p>Thanks,<br>

Rob</p>

<p>

<p>Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.</p>

<p>(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.</p>

</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>This is a good reminder of the long-term Mac solution to many such problems: trash the preferences and start over. Thanks for reminding us, Andrew, I hadn't thought about this one for some time....</p>

<p>It does no harm (except for the time resetting preferences), and a corrupt or incompatible file after an upgrade of something, either application or OS, can cause many strange problems.</p>

<p>Just a thought about upgrade. You might find upgrading to CS4 and then CS5 cheaper than from CS3 to CS5. It's worth checking the prices. It was for me with the CS premium package and additional applications. Adobe tends to favor larger discounts for the latest version than older ones.</p>