Great Tip for Rechargeables

tpernal

<p>This is a simple idea. I am amassing quite a lot of rechargeable AA batteries. I just purchased 8 more. There is just enough space to mark the Month and Year (2-10) on the battery with a fine sharpie. I'm trying to keep tabs on the age so as not to mix up oldies with goodies.</p>

<p>"Not to mix up oldies with goodies".<br />I suggest you, to buy a very good charger (ex: Maha PowerEX C9000 = 45$ here in EU), which let you know exactly what is the status (mah) of each batterie, and to pair 2 or 4 of them together, acording to their effective cappacity (and not by the age - date of purchase -or no. of set).</p>

<p>If you have a problem with dates wearing off, cover the date with a piece of transparent tape. This effectively makes it a permanent part of the battery. Cut the tape with scissors instead of using the little "easy tear" jagged edge. This makes the tape harder to peel up once it's in place.</p>

<p>I have about 50 rechargables bought in varous batches over time. <br>

A month or so ago I realied that some of them seem to be discharging more rapildly than they should. I then charged all of them, waited 2 days and tested them all. 16 were clearly at lower charge than all the others.<br>

What did they all have in common? I had written "2/09" on each of them with a sharpie. I called thomas distriuting, and they replaced all 16 because they were within the one-year warrantee. (I had a reciept for purchase of 16 bateries from Feb 09.) <br>

Keep track of your batches... it matters for warrantee. But I don't pay any attention to batches when I use them.<br>

ron</p>