Debt Collection Service

<p>Anyone use a debt collection service they would recommend? We have maybe 5% of clients who do not fulfill their contracted order minimum requirement and it isn't cost effective for us to use an attorney. i work all over the country so i cannot very well submit a claim in small claims court in every county we have a bad apple in. I need a service that will cover debt collection nationally for me. </p>

<p>Any recommendations?</p>

<p>The company I work for uses Dun & Bradstreet as a collection agency when we get "dead-beats" who give us excuses instead of paying their bills. Although, we usually don't contact D&B until after we've exhausted every other avenue such as mailing past-due notices and making numerous phone calls to the customer - even offering the customer to make monthly payments until the bill is satisfied (but we deal with big-ticket bills; anywhere from $12,000 to over $50,000 due to the fact we sell medical endoscopy equipment.)</p>

<p>Once we've exhausted those avenues, then the last call(s) is to inform the customer either pay the invoice or it will be submitted to a collection agency in which if we don't get satisfaction, it goes to D&B.</p>

Rachel, if I am reading this correctly, these are claims against clients who are not ordering prints after you have done the session. If this is the case, then you don't have a claim for an unpaid debt to you. Rather this would be a contract dispute, which can only be settled in court.

<p>Have you tried to find out why they're not ordering? Maybe they forgot about it, maybe they didn't like the photos all that much, maybe they've fallen on hard times and paying the mortgage is more important than ordering prints? Does your contract stipulate a specific date by which they would have had to order prints?<br>

Your post reads like you haven't delivered anything so you're not out any actual expenses (other than time for the session), so it is - as John already stated - a contract dispute but nothing a collection agency would bother with.</p>