Can a Rollei lens go on a Hasselblad?

albert_yang

<p>It depends on the lens, but the cost is astronomical. It is not unusual to find a 500mm lens, for example, modified to work on one or the other. It probably costs more than simply buying the corresponding system lens. Every so often you'll see a lens that's been converted, but I don't know who would do it.</p>

<p>'It depends on the lens, but the cost is astronomical. It is not unusual to find a 500mm lens, for example, modified to work on one or the other. '</p>

<p>I think this is close to impossible. The Rollei lenses is electrically driven with direct linear motors to control the iris and the shutter. The mounting diameter is different. But since both are 6x6, the distance from the glasses to the film plane would be nearly identical. That means one must remove a major part of the lens casing and the motors, and put in mechanical shutters and iris, and install a Hasselblad mounting ring, in very limited space. If you want to modify the lens to work on one or the other bodies, you have to retain the electric motors while installing the mechanical clockwork! I have not heard of anyone actually attempting it.</p>

<p>The 500 mm tele tessar lens is itself already quite unusual. Not too many had been built and sold. I had not especially looked for it, but for the last few years when I was still looking for accessories on websites of Robert White and B&H, I had not seen this lens being listed.</p>

<p>If you own some Rollei lenses, buying a used 6008 body would be the easiest way.</p>

<p>On the other hand if you have a telephoto lens with a mechanical iris, it is possible to saw away the proximal part of the casing tube and attach a 39mm screw mount, and use this lens on the 59926 shutter adapter with a rolleiflex 6xxx. I have a 200mm imagon lens modified and used in this way.</p>

<p>Tak</p>

<p>What about an Exakta lens on a Hasselblad??<br>

Confessions; on my list of things to own before I die; one is a Hasselblad, and the other is a Xenotar lens. There's a Xenotar 80mm in Exakta mount..<br>

Ideally, I'd like to get a Xenotar lens on a Hassy and be done with it..</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I also have a Xenotar that I especially treasure over my other Xenotar. It is special not because of the performance. I treasure it with a sentimental value. It is not replaceable by even another Xenotar, and cannot be compared to a Planar. I have no technological prejudice against a Planar for that matter. Tak</p>

<p>@Tak, I don't think what you suggest will work; the SWC's lenses are design for a film to rear element of about a few millimeters.. like a rangefinder.. Not a SLR.<br>

As far as a Xenotar, I prefer the characteristics of it over a planar. I think it's sharper wide open also. But it really doesn't matter why I want one, just want one.</p>

<p>I bought, used, and sold my old Mamiya RB system.. It was good in the studio, but not in the field.<br>

Also on my list of things to own before I die is a Fujinon GSW690III.<br>

If I can't get the whole Hassy+Xenotar situation resolved, I might get the Fujinon first.. and see if I still want a Hassy afterwards. I'm sure I will, since both aren't substitutes for each other.<br>

List of things to do before I die has "Go to the Greek Islands + Fujinon GSW690III + Velvia 50" on it.</p>