NYIP Course

navs

<p>hi guys !!! I am kinda interested in NYIP course ( New York Institute of Photography) ,any one on here done it ,opinions and suggestions , plan a correspondence course to improve My skills over all and more so about dark room , using soft ware, post processing , other areas. thanks ,all inputs suggestions appreciated.</p>

<p>I took the pro course several years ago and found it was an excellent way to re-learn the basics of photography after a length absence. The course mainly focused on film photography back then, so I imagine the emphasis has shifted somewhat since than. I have no idea what the course costs now, but ten years ago it was the biggest bang for the buck if you didn't have access to local photo courses. Maybe it still is. Good luck!</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Hello - I've also been looking into NYIP course, but I have heard many mixed reviews. I am wondering if they have updated the material recently, as many complaints stated that the information was really old (but these were comments from people in 2006 and 2007 - so maybe it has changed since then?)<br>

Also, people complained that they took a very long time to send out the new booklets and that they didn't get responses about their work quickly. This is a major concern to me. I am not keen to send in photos (in this day and age it seems silly to do it the slow way) and it makes me think about other online photo courses that you communicate through email and online instead of through mail snail mail and tapes.<br>

Has anyone done or heard comments about the following online courses?<br>

* http://www.ppsop.com/<br>

* http://www.betterphoto.com/home.asp<br>

Any advice would be greatful.<br>

Thanks,<br>

Jenn</p>