Need a repair for my Nikon FE

brunomorez

<p><br>

Hi,<br>

I'm looking for a repair on my Nikon FE camera.</p>

<p>While rewinding my film I got confused (don't ask) turned the wrong way and I accidently popped off the top of the film rewinder. The little spring and o-rings that are underneath the top got lost, with the result that the lever is now flapping around, opening when it shouldn't etc.<br>

This was in the harbour of Antwerp somewhere, and there's no chance I'm gonna find those little parts back (I looked for a couple of hours, to no avail).<br>

I've contacted several shops that deal in analogue gear, but none of them could help me with a repair part. I've contacted Nikon directly, no succes either.<br>

So, how do I fix this? Could I make a new part myself? Strip it from another camera (broken FE's don't come around that often though :-/).<br>

I've included a picture of the top of the film rewinder and the cavity underneath where the little spring is missing.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<div>00Vmfs-221089584.jpg.5e5d394e96b7a55fb5eec043ad1ce39c.jpg</div>

<p>There is a complete knob on ebay now item 220547350280 which has the spring you are missing.</p>

<p>Boca has a complete (not genuine) kit on this page.<br>

<a href="http://www.bocaphoto.com/products/new/nikon/nikonparts.htm">http://www.bocaphoto.com/products/new/nikon/nikonparts.htm</a></p>

<p>Note that if you are missing the little washer that sits between the top of the rewind knob turret and the spring, you will scratch the ISO markings off. Make sure you put a little washer in there.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>"I've contacted Nikon directly, no success either."</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>It might be worth another try, only this time don't say anything about an FE. Tell them you are looking for the SPRING (1K241-363) and WASHER (1K050-023) for the rewind lever assembly on an <strong>*FM3A*</strong> (might still have parts for this model, and they will fit the FE).</p><div>00VmhU-221111584.jpg.b8aa13cbd88f0a46550f6cd499cce097.jpg</div>