viewing images with external monitor on D700

lesterphoto

<p>While the lcd on the back of my D700 is great for viewing images, sometimes it's too small when I need to show other people the images while working on location. I know that I can attach the camera to a tv, but that's too big to drag around. Is there something smaller but not too expensive, like 6x8 inches? I want to know specific models, user experience greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Hi Lester,<br>

Do you own a laptop computer? If so, you could get something like Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 and tether while you shoot (unless you're moving around alot, shooting sports or something). I use it and love it, since I can see my shots as I shoot them. It automatically saves the shots to your computer and bypasses the memory card in your camera.</p>

<p>Lester, read up on "tethered shooting", that's the terminology.<br>

It works well with a laptop, but I also use a cheapie dvd player that has ext. intputs. Put it in video mode and then I have a 9 inch monitor that is long on battery life and small in space. The image is on the player as long as it is on the camera LCD, so you can set the 'review time' in the menu for a suitable length.<br>

It's a really cool way to examine a shot with a bigger view.<br>

Jim</p>

<p>Or a netbook - 10" screen - just about good enough for tethered shooting, certainly good enough for showing pix to folks (and much smaller than a laptop for lugging around), slap in a 2Gb memory stick and you're also good to go with CS3 or NX2 (as in a Samsung NC-10 which is fairly old hat now) for a bit of editing<br>

andyc</p>