Introduction

robert_armstrong2

<p>Good afternoon<br>

Firstly, apologies if posted to the wrong section, this is my first post.<br>

I have the original 5D and expecting delivery of my 5D Mk II this weekend. No doubt someone can direct me to the relevant postings on the message boards but can I expect a seamless continuation in terms of software (i.e. Zoombrower, DPP, Adobe camera raw) or will I need a major software upgrade. I'm currently using Zoombrowser (whatever version came with the original 5D) and Adobe Photoshop CS2. Will CS2 support my 5D Mk II?<br>

Many thanks<br>

Robert Armstrong</p>

<p>If you run the CD incuded with the new camera it will upgrade all the old software to the new versions. PS CS2 is another story, however. It will not support RAW files from the 5D II, and never will. Neither will CS3. In order to use your RAW files, you'll need to convert them to DNG files first or upgrade to Photoshop CS4.</p>

<p>Greetings Robert and congratulations on he 5DmkII. In your post you mentioned that you normally use ZoomBrowser but I think you'll find it doesn't play with the mkII. Two recent threads in this forum, entitled "Zoombrowser Question" and "Canon EOS 5D MK II and Zoombrowser 6.3", discuss the problem and some solutions. Look them up, it might help.</p>

<p>Thanks for responses Guys. I will try and find my way around the different forums (see I can do searches). Looks like I've discovered a great site.<br>

Now I've broken the bank to get the camera, guess I'll have to sell the wife to upgrade to CS3/4 as I can't afford it at this moment...<br>

At least I don't have to buy any lenses (for now)<br>

Robert Armstrong </p>