Contaflex Repair

<p>Hi Everybody,<br>

I've got 3 Zeiss Contaflex cameras which I love, (a IV, Super, and Super B). All of them HAVE taken beautiful shots in the past, but now alas are out of service (Shutter problems). So the question is, and I know I know I know, They're tough and finicky and hard to work on, but does ANYBODY work on these cameras anymore? I have searched and found repair available for the Contaflex TLR and Zeiss Contax, but so far still not the Contaflex. I think all the shutters are the same from camera to camera, so I was thinking that someone could use two of them for parts and just create one really slick camera. I've heard about the guy Wolf Umbach, but when I do a google search I see threads stating that he's out of business. I'm going nuts here and all I want is my Contaflex brought back to life!!!!<br>

Please Advise,<br>

Everett</p>

<p>Hi, Everett -</p>

<p>I use Ross Yerkes, in Los Angeles. He services my entire collection, Hasselblad, Leica, Retina IIa, Rollei TLR's, etc. Sent a Z.I. to him following purchase, it had long time storage issues, now works perfectly in all respects. I recommend him highly, fast turn, very reasonable, really good technician.<br>

His info: Ross Yerkes, 342 Kirby, Los Angeles, Ca. 90042<br>

(323) 256-1018</p>

<p>Good luck with the project.</p>

<p>Patrick</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Essex Camera Repair in New Jersey did a great job repairing my rare Contaflex Rapid. I've had it back for a year now and it works perfect, and only took about 3 weeks turn around time too! I've since sent them my Retina Automatic III and they did a great job on that as well.<br>

Bob Jasinski</p>