widest lens for 5d mark II

howard b. schwartz

<p>5 D is FF as is my 1Ds. I've noticed a distortion problem when using Canon 17-40 L lens at 17mm, f6.3. I've tried to fix the problem using PS filter-distort-lens correction-remove dist. option without decent result. </p>

<p>5 D is FF as is my 1Ds. I've noticed a distortion problem when using Canon 17-40 L lens at 17mm, f6.3. I've tried to fix the problem using PS filter-distort-lens correction-remove dist. option without decent result. </p><div>00VzeX-228911584.jpg.f79ac7f944825b38cc82d99d259f0e51.jpg</div>

• 1 year later...

<p>I just discovered this thread and it's old, so maybe I'm wasting my time, but here goes...<br>

I have or have had the Canon 17-40, 16-35II, and the Samyang 14. I found all to be good. The Samyang needs distortion correction for its images. The PTLens software for $25 works well for that. The Samyang is the lightest and most compact and has no place to attach a filter. Both of the Canons are nice.<br>

If you're looking for bang for the buck I'd go with the Samyang. I got one for $340. Next would be the 17-40. The 16-35 is the nicest and by far the most expensive of the three and uses 82mm filters. So, I think what you choose, well could be determined by how much you want to spend in this case. All 3 produce good quality images.</p>